Here are the most basic parts of a kayak:
● The topside of the kayak is called Deck, while the bottom piece is called Hull.
● The compartment from where you get in an out of kayak and control it is called cockpit.
● Inside the footwell there are adjustable strings to control the rudder for better tracking that are called Foot Braces.
● Coaming is the boat peak area at the edge of the cockpit.
● Thigh braces are the one that are present ton the cockpit and hug the thighs for better fit and easiness.
● Scupper holes are used to drain water that splash across the deck and prevent water to enter cockpit.
● The wall inside the kayak that prevent water from enter the storage compartment is called bulkhead.
● The are where all the luggage and gear is kept is called hatch, it can be on both front and rear part of kayak.
● To keep going on the straight line a tracking Rudder or skeg are used. These are adjustable drop-down and flip-down fins.