Tent camping is one of the most adventurous outdoor camping. It is the most enjoyable camping for children and senior citizens as it makes one to directly interact with nature. It is more suitable than hotel rooms or rush because it gives peace to senior citizens from everyday stress and anxiety. The senior citizen will find it more relaxing and calming with the company of nature.
- IS TENT CAMPING SUITABLE FOR SENIOR CITIZEN?
Tent camping is most suitable for senior citizens because it makes camping enjoyable for them with nature. Old people can also do camping just by following general tips. The camping would not become hard if they are equipped with all the necessary equipment or things required for camping outside.
- TYPE OF TENTS REQUIRED FOR SENIOR CITIZENS-
For senior citizens, comfort is a must. The tent need to be built must be comfortable according to their need which makes the camping more enjoyable. The best tents for senior citizens must have the following characteristics-
- The tent should be tall- The tent required for the senior citizens should be tall as it makes it easier for the seniors to stand and walk.
The high ceiling of the tent helps them to stretch and do not cause any ache or pain in the neck or waist.
- The tent should have a wide area- The tent should be wide and have more space. It makes old people comfortable. As most of the old people are claustrophobic so they need wider space.
- Ventilation- The tent should have a proper ventilation facility. The proper air passage is very important for senior citizens.
- Tent material- The tent material should be light and easy to carry because you are not strong enough to carry heavy materials.
- Some basic tips for senior citizen camping-
There are several requirements for camping for senior citizens. There are various important things which should keep in mind before going camping. The general requirement for senior citizen camping is-
- Medication- You have to carry your medication before going camping because the proper medication makes you camping more exciting.
- Sleeping mattress- You have to pack proper sleeping mattresses for comfortable sleeping at the campsite. The sleeping mattresses should be cozy and warm.
- Campsites- The campsites should not be at high altitude. Due to your old age, the high altitude camping makes it uncomfortable for breathing and decrease enjoyment.
- Bring tent cot and chair- It will make you more comfortable to sleep in a cot rather than in sleeping bags because the cot makes it easier for you to easily step out without any cramp.
- Food- It’s good for you if you pack your food accordingly. The food should be long-lasting and does not need any refrigerator.
- Warm clothes- Before going for tent camping the warm clothes should also be pack because in your age your body is more prone to cold weather and there will be a high chance of falling ill.
- Good lighting
- Problems faced by a senior citizen during camping-
The camping may be enjoyable but there are various problems faced by senior citizens during camping outside. These problems include-
- Hygiene- Most of the senior citizens nowadays suffering from diabetes as it results in frequent urination which makes it difficult to camping outside.
- Health issues- Camping may become difficult for citizens as they can develop serious health issues during camping maybe because of the camping environment or other diseases which they are suffering from.
- Low stamina- Due to old age the senior citizens could not enjoy the camping fully. The low stamina hinders the enjoyment of camping.
Camping does not depend upon the age the individual of any age group can do camping as it relaxes the mind and helps in lowering the stress. It is a very good idea for senior citizens to rest in the lap of nature and take leave from day to day life.
But camping can also become very tough for senior citizens due to their health issues. So for camping, they have to follow every tip and should be in contact with their families. They also have to bring proper medication if prescribed by the doctors before going camping.