Goat Island Campgrounds is a beautiful and serene camping destination located in the heart of the Finger Lakes region of New York. The campgrounds offer a unique opportunity to experience the great outdoors while still enjoying modern amenities and facilities.
- Goat Island Campgrounds is a beautiful camping destination located in the Finger Lakes region of New York.
- Visitors can choose from a variety of accommodation options, including tent and RV sites, as well as cabins and cottages.
- The campgrounds offer a range of amenities, including showers, laundry facilities, and a camp store.
Location of Goat Island Campgrounds
Goat Island Campgrounds is situated in the beautiful Thousand Islands region of New York State. The campgrounds are located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, just a short drive from the town of Clayton.
The St. Lawrence River is a popular destination for boaters and fishermen, and the campgrounds are conveniently located near several marinas and boat launches. Visitors can enjoy a variety of water activities, including fishing, boating, and swimming.
The campgrounds are also located near several popular attractions, including the Thousand Islands Bridge, Boldt Castle, and the Antique Boat Museum. The area is known for its scenic beauty, and visitors can enjoy hiking, biking, and birdwatching in the nearby parks and nature reserves.
Overall, the location of Goat Island Campgrounds offers visitors a unique opportunity to experience the natural beauty and cultural heritage of the Thousand Islands region.
Goat Island Campgrounds offers a variety of accommodation options to suit different preferences and budgets. Visitors can choose from the following:
- Tent Sites: There are several tent sites available at the campground. These sites are located in a wooded area and offer a rustic camping experience. Each site has a fire ring and a picnic table.
- RV Sites: The campground has several RV sites with full hookups. These sites can accommodate RVs of various sizes and offer amenities such as water, sewer, and electricity.
- Cabins: For those who prefer a more comfortable camping experience, the campground offers several cabins. These cabins come equipped with beds, a kitchenette, and a bathroom.
- Yurts: The campground also has several yurts available for rent. These circular tents are equipped with beds, a table and chairs, and a wood stove for heat.
No matter what type of accommodation visitors choose, they can rest assured that they will be surrounded by nature and have easy access to all the recreational activities the area has to offer.
Amenities and Facilities
Goat Island Campgrounds offers a variety of amenities and facilities to make your camping experience comfortable and enjoyable.
For campers who value convenience, the campsite provides access to clean drinking water, showers, and restrooms. The restrooms are equipped with flush toilets and sinks with running water.
The campsite also offers picnic tables and fire pits at each campsite, so you can enjoy a meal and relax by the fire. Additionally, there are trash and recycling bins located throughout the campgrounds to help keep the area clean and tidy.
For those who want to explore the great outdoors, the campsite offers a boat launch and dock, perfect for fishing or boating on the lake. There are also hiking trails nearby for those who want to explore the surrounding wilderness.
Overall, Goat Island Campgrounds provides a comfortable and convenient camping experience with a variety of amenities and facilities to suit your needs.
Activities at Goat Island Campgrounds
Goat Island Campgrounds offers a range of activities that cater to different interests. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures or a relaxing getaway, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
For nature lovers, hiking and bird watching are popular activities. The campgrounds offer several trails that showcase the natural beauty of the area. The trails vary in difficulty and length, so visitors can choose one that suits their fitness level and time constraints. Bird watchers can spot a variety of species, including bald eagles, ospreys, and great blue herons.
Fishing is another popular activity at Goat Island Campgrounds. The area is known for its abundant trout population, and visitors can fish in the nearby streams and rivers. The campgrounds also offer a fishing pond for children and beginners.
For those who enjoy water sports, kayaking and canoeing are available. Visitors can rent equipment or bring their own to explore the nearby waterways. The campgrounds also have a swimming area for those who prefer to relax and cool off.
In addition to outdoor activities, Goat Island Campgrounds offers events and programs throughout the year. These include guided hikes, wildlife presentations, and educational programs for children.
Overall, Goat Island Campgrounds provides a diverse range of activities that allow visitors to experience the natural beauty of the area.
Booking and Pricing Information
Goat Island Campgrounds offers a variety of camping options at affordable prices. The campground is open year-round, with peak season running from May to September. Reservations are required and can be made online or by phone.
The campground offers three types of campsites: standard, electric, and water/electric. Standard sites are $20 per night, electric sites are $25 per night, and water/electric sites are $30 per night. There is a maximum of six people per site.
Firewood and ice are available for purchase at the campground store. Firewood is $5 per bundle, and ice is $2 per bag.
Cancellation policy: Reservations must be cancelled 48 hours in advance to receive a refund. A $10 cancellation fee will be charged for all cancellations.
Pets are allowed at the campground, but they must be on a leash at all times and owners are responsible for cleaning up after them.
Overall, Goat Island Campgrounds provides a convenient and affordable option for those looking to enjoy the great outdoors.
Camping Rules and Regulations
Camping at Goat Island Campgrounds is a wonderful experience, but campers are expected to follow certain rules and regulations to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment. Here are some important rules and regulations that campers should be aware of before they arrive:
- All campers must register at the campground office upon arrival.
- Campsites may not be reserved or held by placing personal items on them before registration.
- Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 6 am. During this time, campers are expected to keep noise levels down.
- Campfires are only allowed in designated fire rings and must be attended at all times. Firewood can be purchased at the campground office.
- Pets are allowed, but they must be kept on a leash at all times and cleaned up after. Aggressive or noisy pets may be asked to leave the campground.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed, but excessive drinking and disorderly conduct will not be tolerated.
- All vehicles must be parked in designated areas only.
- Trash must be disposed of in the provided receptacles. Littering is strictly prohibited.
- Swimming is allowed in designated areas only. Lifeguards are not on duty, so swim at your own risk.
By following these rules and regulations, campers can help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone at Goat Island Campgrounds.
Goat Island Campgrounds is located in a beautiful area with many attractions to visit. Here are a few of the local attractions that visitors may enjoy:
- Niagara Falls: One of the most famous natural wonders in the world, Niagara Falls is just a short drive from Goat Island Campgrounds. Visitors can take a boat tour to get up close to the falls or enjoy the view from the observation deck.
- Whirlpool State Park: Located just downstream from Niagara Falls, Whirlpool State Park offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and stunning views of the Niagara River and Whirlpool Rapids.
- Old Fort Niagara: This historic fort on the shores of Lake Ontario dates back to the 18th century and played a key role in the French and Indian War and the American Revolution. Visitors can explore the fort’s buildings and exhibits and watch reenactments of historic events.
- Niagara Wine Trail: This scenic trail winds through the Niagara region, offering visitors the chance to sample wines from local vineyards and enjoy stunning views of the countryside.
- Buffalo Zoo: Just a short drive from Goat Island Campgrounds, the Buffalo Zoo is home to over 1,200 animals from around the world. Visitors can see lions, tigers, bears, and many other species, as well as enjoy educational exhibits and events.
Whether you’re interested in natural wonders, history, or just enjoying the local scenery, there’s something for everyone to enjoy near Goat Island Campgrounds.
Wildlife and Environment
Goat Island Campgrounds is a great place for nature lovers. The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, raccoons, and squirrels. Visitors can also spot a wide variety of bird species, such as bald eagles, ospreys, and great blue herons.
The park’s environment is well-maintained, with clean and well-manicured trails that wind through the woods and along the shoreline. The campground itself is nestled in a picturesque setting, surrounded by trees and overlooking the water.
Visitors are encouraged to respect the natural environment by keeping their campsites clean and disposing of trash properly. The park also offers recycling facilities for visitors to use.
Reviews and Ratings
Goat Island Campgrounds has received mixed reviews from visitors. Some campers have praised the beautiful scenery and peaceful atmosphere, while others have complained about the lack of amenities and poor maintenance.
One reviewer noted that the campsites were spacious and well-shaded, but also mentioned that the bathroom facilities were outdated and in need of repair. Another camper mentioned that the lake was great for swimming and fishing, but also noted that the water was quite cold.
Despite some negative feedback, many visitors have rated Goat Island Campgrounds highly for its natural beauty and serene environment. Some campers have even returned year after year to enjoy the peaceful surroundings and outdoor activities.
Overall, if you are looking for a quiet and scenic camping experience, Goat Island Campgrounds may be the perfect destination for you. However, if you prefer more modern amenities and facilities, you may want to consider other options.
The campgrounds’ office is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm, and on weekends from 10am to 4pm. The staff is knowledgeable about the area and can provide information on local attractions, hiking trails, and other outdoor activities.