The average cost of solar panel installation in the US is $14k after solar tax credits.
- Solar panel installation cost varies depending on many factors such as:
- Your average energy needs
- The average price of solar panel in your area
- The amount of sun that your rooftop receives each year
- Local rebates and incentives you could receive
- Labor costs
- Tax incentives
All these factors determine your solar panel installation cost.
Solar panels have a lifespan of between 25-30 years. However, this does not mean that your solar panel will stop producing electricity after 25 years. It only means that its efficiency will have reduced drastically once it hits 25 years. But with proper maintenance, your solar panel can last for many decades and still give excellent results.