Tents are the most important thing to be carried in the camping.
Generally, inside the tent, the temperature can be 5 degrees warmer than the temperature outside and this is the normal case with any kind of tent and if you prefer an expensive one then it will obviously be capable of keeping warmer inside the tent.
It is the most secure and safe staying option available for camping. Although it has a thin layer or covering but still it is able to maintain a proper level of warmth inside as compared to the outer environment. Maximum tents are well designed in order to keep the wind out and the heat inside the tent.
Factors affecting warmth of the tent:
It is not always sure that the temperature inside the tent is always going to warmer them the temperature outside because there are several factors that drives the temperature inside the tent and some of them are:
- Climatic condition outside: The major thing that drives the temperature inside the tent is the climatic condition or the weather outside. Because in a place with an extremely high temperature, the tent works the same as a greenhouse since it heats up a lot inside the tents. But in the cold climatic condition, the temperature inside the tent is quite warmer than one outside but the temperature difference will still remain less.
- Availability of shade: The temperature inside the tent also depends on the fact that how much it has been exposed to the sun. If you have picked up a shaded region then obviously, you will experience a cooler inside your tent whereas the less shade your tent will get, the more it will be warmer. But always remember if you are camping in the place with a total absence of sun, then you can’t expect a warm tent over there but still, it will maintain the difference in the temperature inside as well as the outside of the tent. Also, shade will prevent your tent from getting an oven in the hot summers. A 15 mhp wind will make you feel cooler.
- Location of shade trees
- Design of the tent: The design of the tent also highly determines how much warmer it will be inside your tent. There are different types of tents some of which are specially designed for colder temperatures such as four-season tents and these kinds of tents are so designed to trap the proper amount of heat inside to keep the temperature inside the tent higher than that outside. These kinds of tents do not have too many windows and doors and along with that it also restricts a lot of airflow.
- Nearby body of water
- Size of the tent: The larger the tents the more it is colder than the smaller one. This is so because the more space inside the tent, the more air will accumulate, and the more your body will be dispersed in the tent. Smaller tents are good at trapping the heat inside.
- Number of People inside the tent: The number of people using a single tent also determines that either the temperature inside is warmer or not. The more people, the more heat will be retained by their bodies and thus the temperature inside will be higher than outside the tent. This is obviously the personal choice that either you are willing to share the tent or not.
Is it always warmer inside the tent?
You can be certain about this thing because the warmth inside the tent does not depend on particular factors. There are several factors that affect the temperature inside the tents mentioned above which altogether decides what is going to be the temperature inside your tent. But still taking the general conditions, it is generally found that the temperature inside the tent is a bit higher than what is outside the tent. And also the tent provides you a proper temperature to at least get a sound and comfortable sleep.
Thus, a tent acts as your shelter in the camping, it not only protects you from the harmful creatures, irritating insects but also from the harsh climatic conditions and also, in general, it provides a warmer temperature for a comfortable stay even in the cold climatic conditions.