You can remove stratches with 1000 then 2000 grit sandpaper as long as they are not too deep. Follow up with a polishing compound or a coat of wax.
Suggestions to keep your jet ski in a good condition:
- Check for scratches: you must inspect the scratches closely. You must know how to get scratches out of the jet skis at a superficial level on your own. Light scratches can be removed by sanding with a soft hand and then followed by waxing. Remember not to cause damage to the gel coating of the ski. If there are deep scratches they will need a separate procedure to be followed.
- Get regular service: as the jet ski is used in saltwater generally it enhances the corrosion of parts made out of metal. You need to get a timely and regular service to keep it in good shape. They can also tell you how to get scratches out of the jet skis at home if the extent of damage is minimal.
- Proper trailering: when the jet ski is to be towed then it must be securely fastened. The jet ski must be properly placed on the bunk and the straps must be tightly fastened. Make sure the brakes of the trailer are working so that it does not bang in when you stop.
- Care each day: every day that you take your jet ski for a ride you shall have to care for it. Do not just leave it in the water overnight and try to use it that way. Inspection for any damage should be done after each use. Leaving a jet ski in water is not advisable as it may flood the chambers of the engine and damage it. Leaving the jet ski in the water at night can be dangerous as if there is an increase in water level or sudden waves then the jet ski will ram into the dock and give it scratches.
- Drain jet ski: each time the jet ski has been used; take it out of the water at the end of the day. If unavoidable you can leave it in water for a day or two, but not more than that. Flush it properly with clean water to keep the system clean and running. The saltwater is not good for the metal parts.
- Check thoroughly: carefully inspect the hull and the pump as well. Small pieces of debris are prone to be stuck in the hull or the pump. Check for dripping oil as later that may lead to an explosion. Any sort of fuel leakage must not be neglected.
- Drain properly: remove the drain plug and let it dry. But remember to put it back so that you do not unknowingly flood this chamber the next time jet ski goes into the water.
- Clean and store: clean the seat daily. If you are going to store it for a while then let the jet ski dry properly. If water is left it can damage the parts. You must wash out the gloves, wet suit, eye gear, and anything else used to keep it ready for the next use.
One of the most adventurous water sport is jet skiing. It gives you goosebumps when you try it for the first time. So owning one is even better. You can ride whenever the weather is good and the conditions suitable. But when you own anything there can be wear and tear. You must know how to care for it. Just leaving it in your parking or yard is not sufficient. It must be kept in good condition to run properly. A piece of maintained machinery never gives up on its owner.
You must be a proud owner of a jet ski. It is fun to show off your skills in the presence of others. But be sure to clean and maintain the jet ski so that it plays along with you. Try doing small service and repairs at home. It will be pocket friendly and you will have a special bond with the ski. So you can learn how to get scratches out of jet skis as a start.