Here is a list of problems that have been reported by Northstar Camper owners:
- Battery not holding charge
- Missing power in outlets
- Feels top heavy
- Roof not level
Here is what they like:
- Easy to drive
- Good MPG
- Low maintenance
- Easy to store
- Light and compact
- Can park anywhere
- Able to detach
Northstar makes truck campers, popup and hardwall. Here is a video walk thru:
- Electrical issues:
- Check for blown fuses, loose connections, or damaged wiring.
- Verify that the RV’s battery is charged and in good condition.
- Ensure proper functioning of the converter, inverter, and generator.
- Plumbing and water system issues:
- Check for leaks or clogs in the water lines and drains.
- Inspect the water pump, water heater, and fresh, gray, and black water tanks for proper functioning.
- Winterize your RV’s water system if you plan to use it in freezing temperatures.
- Propane and appliances:
- Inspect propane lines and connections for leaks or damage.
- Ensure that propane tanks are full and properly secured.
- Verify that appliances like the refrigerator, stove, furnace, and water heater are functioning correctly.
- Slide-outs and leveling systems:
- Inspect the slide-out mechanism for debris or obstructions.
- Lubricate slide-out rails and gears as needed.
- Check the leveling system for proper functioning and ensure that the RV is level before extending slide-outs.
- Roof and exterior:
- Inspect the roof for leaks, cracks, or damaged seals.
- Clean and maintain seals around windows, doors, and vents.
- Check the exterior for damage or signs of wear.
- Tires and brakes:
- Regularly inspect tires for proper inflation, wear, and damage.
- Ensure that lug nuts are properly tightened.
- Check the brake system for wear or damage and replace components as needed.
- HVAC system:
- Clean and replace air filters as needed.
- Inspect the air conditioning and heating system for proper functioning.
- Check ductwork for obstructions or damage.