Here are some pictures of cute albino squirrels.
- Albino squirrels are extremely rare, only 1 in every 10,000 gray squirrels is albino.
- Albino squirrels are more vulnerable to predators due to their lack of camouflage. They are also more sensitive to sunlight and more prone to skin cancer.
- Albino squirrels are not a separate species, but rather a genetic variation of the Eastern Gray Squirrel.
- Albino squirrels have been reported in various parts of the world, including North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Albino squirrels are often seen as a symbol of good luck in some cultures.
- Some cities and towns have adopted albino squirrels as a mascot or symbol of their community. For example, Olney, Illinois is known as the “White Squirrel Capital of the World” due to its large population of albino squirrels.
- Albino squirrels are protected in some areas due to their rarity and cultural significance.
Seeing a white one is considered good luck with odds of 1 in 100k.
How to keep away other squirrel species.
How to attract cute ones and keep them away from bird food.
White and Albino Squirrel Research Initiative
Squirrels with completely white coats and dark eyes are likely leucistic.
White squirrels are found in the US. For example here. Some are albino and others are leucistic.