The Ford 7.3L Powerstroke diesel engine was made from made from 1994 to 2003.
It had some problems like:
- Camshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Leaking and clogged Fuel Filter
- Turbocharger Up-Pipe Leaks
- Bent Push Rods / Valve Springs
- Exhaust Back-Pressure Valve Failure (EBPV)
- Under Valve Cover Harness (UVCH)
- Injector Driver Module (IDM)
- Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) Failure
Video clip of every wrong:
Owners have reported mileage of 13 mpg city, 20 mpg hwy.
The engine uses 15 qts of 15w40 oil.
210 – 275 horsepower
425 lb-ft @ 2000 RPM – 525 lb-ft @ 1600 RPM
Towing capacity 13900 lbs
350k miles life expectancy
7.4L, 444 cu in
Cast iron block and cylinder heads
bore 104mm, stroke 106mm
2 valves per cylinder
weighs 920 lbs dry
34 x 32 x 38 inches
2.5 million were made