SPN 4334 is a diagnostic trouble code for Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid Doser.
FMI 2 – Absolute Pressure Data Erratic, Intermittent Or Incorrect
FMI 3 – Absolute Pressure Voltage Above Normal, Or Shorted To High Source
FMI 4 – Absolute Pressure Voltage Below Normal, Or Shorted To Low Source
FMI 16 – Absolute Pressure Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range – Moderately Severe
FMI 18 – Absolute Pressure Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range – Moderately Severe
Troubleshoot: DEF sensor
- Perform a visual inspection: Check the SCR system components, such as the DEF tank, DEF lines, DEF pressure sensor, and wiring for visible damage, leaks, or loose connections.
- Check the DEF pressure sensor: Verify that the DEF pressure sensor is providing accurate readings by following the manufacturer’s testing procedures or using a compatible diagnostic tool.
- Inspect wiring and connectors: Examine the wiring and connectors associated with the DEF pressure sensor for signs of damage, corrosion, or loose connections. Repair or replace any damaged components as necessary.
- Verify DEF quality and level: Ensure that the DEF is of the correct specification and not contaminated. Also, make sure there is an adequate amount of DEF in the tank.
- Check for additional fault codes: Use a diagnostic tool to scan the engine control module (ECM) for any additional fault codes that may be related to the SCR system, such as DEF pump or DEF injector issues.
- Test the DEF pump: Confirm that the DEF pump is functioning correctly and delivering the appropriate pressure. Follow the manufacturer’s testing procedures or use a diagnostic tool to verify its operation.