A generator is a handy tool to have in case of a power outage or when you need to power appliances in remote locations. However, starting a generator can be a hassle, especially if you have to pull a cord multiple times to get it going. This is where a generator with an electric start comes in handy.
A generator with an electric start allows you to start the generator with the push of a button, eliminating the need to pull a cord multiple times. This feature is especially useful for people who may have difficulty starting a generator manually or for those who need to start the generator quickly in an emergency.
Best Generator Electric Starts
We understand the importance of having a reliable power source, especially during emergencies or outdoor activities. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best generator electric starts on the market. Our team of experts has thoroughly researched and tested each product to ensure that they meet our high standards for performance, durability, and ease of use. Whether you’re looking for a portable generator for camping trips or a backup power source for your home, we’ve got you covered. Check out our top picks below.
We highly recommend the WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator for anyone looking for a reliable power source during emergencies or outdoor activities.
- The digital readout helps manage oil changes and maintenance schedules, making it easy to keep the generator in good condition.
- The electric start, low-oil shutdown, automatic voltage regulator, and overload protection maximize safety and ease of use.
- The CARB and EPA III compliance ensures that this generator meets requirements for sale in all 50 states.
- The generator is a bit heavy, making it difficult to carry for extended periods.
- The noise level is a bit high, which may be a problem for some users.
- The generator may require frequent maintenance to keep it in good working condition.
We were impressed with the WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator. The keyless electric start is a convenient feature that makes it easy to turn on the generator at the press of a button. The rugged 223cc OHV engine produces 4750 watts of peak power and 3750 watts of rated power, giving you the capacity to run your lights, TV, refrigerator, sump pump, or other essentials with ease. The generator includes engine oil, funnel, and battery, so you can get started right away. Just fill up the 4-gallon tank with gas, and you’re ready to go for up to 10 hours at half load.
The spark arrestor is a necessary addition for anyone wanting to use their generator at a national park or forest. The automatic voltage regulator helps create clean power to protect your electronics. Low-oil shutdown along with overload protection also safeguard the unit from damage while the wheel kit and dual handles maximize transportability. The purchase is backed by a 2-year warranty, support from WEN service technicians, and a nationwide service network with over 1000 locations.
Overall, the WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator is a great investment for anyone looking for a reliable power source for emergencies or outdoor activities.
If you’re looking for a reliable backup power supply for your home or travel trailer, the Westinghouse WGen5300c Portable Generator is a great option. With 6,600 peak watts and 5,300 running watts, this generator can power all your essential appliances. The powerful 274cc 4-Stroke OHV Westinghouse Engine is built for durability and can run for up to 14.5 hours on a 4.7 gal. (18L) tank of gas.
- The generator is Transfer Switch Ready, which means it can power your entire household without the need for extension cords or power strips.
- The Push-Button Electric Start with a remote start key fob makes it easy to start the generator quickly and conveniently.
- The generator is RV Ready with a TT-30R outlet, making it easy to power your recreation vehicle.
- The generator is relatively heavy at 145.7 pounds, which can make it difficult to move around.
- The generator is quite loud at 68 dB, which can be a nuisance if you’re using it in a residential area.
- The generator requires regular maintenance to ensure it continues to run smoothly.
Overall, the Westinghouse WGen5300c Portable Generator is a reliable and powerful backup power supply that can provide peace of mind during power outages. Its Transfer Switch Ready feature and RV Ready outlet make it a versatile choice for both home and travel use. However, its weight and noise level may be a concern for some users.
Champion Power Equipment 200953 4250-Watt Open Frame Inverter, Remote Start 4250-Watt + Gas + Remote Start Inverter
If you’re in the market for a generator with an electric start, the Champion Power Equipment 200953 4250-Watt Open Frame Inverter is a solid choice.
- The wireless remote start feature makes starting and stopping the generator easy and convenient, even from up to 80 feet away.
- The advanced design makes this generator 50% quieter and 20% lighter than traditional 4250-watt generators, with an Economy Mode that saves fuel and extends engine life.
- The quiet technology of this generator makes it great for use in RVs, tailgating, and home backup, with up to 22 hours of run time on gasoline.
- The generator is not parallel-ready out of the box, and you’ll need to purchase the Parallel Kit separately if you want to increase your power output by connecting up to two 2800-watt or higher inverters or digital hybrids.
- Some users have reported issues with the battery not holding a charge, which can be frustrating if you’re relying on the wireless remote start feature.
- While the generator is advertised as “RV ready,” it may require additional grounding plugs to neutralize the generator’s floating ground before it will run an RV.
We recently had the opportunity to test out the Champion Power Equipment 200953 4250-Watt Open Frame Inverter, and we were impressed with its performance. The wireless remote start feature made it incredibly easy to start and stop the generator, even from a distance. We also appreciated the quiet technology, which made it much less noisy than other generators we’ve used in the past.
One thing to keep in mind is that the generator is not parallel-ready out of the box, so if you’re looking to increase your power output, you’ll need to purchase the Parallel Kit separately. We also experienced some issues with the battery not holding a charge, which can be frustrating if you’re relying on the wireless remote start feature.
Overall, we would recommend the Champion Power Equipment 200953 4250-Watt Open Frame Inverter to anyone in the market for a generator with an electric start. It’s a solid choice that offers a lot of great features and performance for the price.
If you’re looking for a reliable generator that can run on both gasoline and propane, the WEN Dual Fuel Electric Start Generator is a great option.
- Can switch between gasoline and propane with ease
- Voltage can easily switch between 120V and 240V
- Electric start makes powering on the generator a breeze
- Can be loud when in use
- May require some assembly upon arrival
- May not be as fuel-efficient as other generators on the market
We recently purchased the WEN Dual Fuel Electric Start Generator for our home and have been impressed with its performance. The ability to switch between gasoline and propane has been incredibly convenient, and the voltage selector allows us to easily switch between 120V and 240V depending on our needs.
The electric start feature is also a major plus, as it makes powering on the generator a breeze. However, we have noticed that the generator can be quite loud when in use, so it may not be the best option for those who live in close proximity to their neighbors.
Assembly was required upon arrival, but it was relatively straightforward and didn’t take too long to complete. Additionally, we have noticed that the generator may not be as fuel-efficient as some other models on the market, so keep that in mind if you’re looking for a generator that can run for long periods of time without needing to be refueled.
Overall, we would recommend the WEN Dual Fuel Electric Start Generator to anyone in need of a reliable generator that can run on both gasoline and propane.
If you’re in the market for a reliable and quiet generator, the WEN 56380i is a great choice for you.
- Extremely quiet operation
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan
- Produces clean power to prevent damage to sensitive electronics
- Heavy weight at 99.2 pounds
- Price may be higher than other options
- Some customers reported receiving damaged products
We recently used the WEN 56380i during a camping trip and were impressed by its quiet operation. We were able to use it without disturbing our fellow campers, and it produced clean power that kept our electronics safe. The fuel shutoff feature is also a great addition, as it helps prolong the lifespan of the generator.
One downside to the WEN 56380i is its weight. At 99.2 pounds, it may be difficult for some users to transport. Additionally, the price may be higher than other options on the market. Some customers have also reported receiving damaged products, so be sure to inspect your generator upon arrival.
Overall, we highly recommend the WEN 56380i for anyone in need of a reliable and quiet generator.
When it comes to buying a generator with electric start, there are a few key factors to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind:
One of the most important factors to consider is the power output of the generator. You’ll want to make sure that the generator you choose is capable of producing enough power to meet your needs. To determine the right power output, consider the appliances and devices you plan to run with the generator. Look at the wattage requirements of each item and add them up to get a total wattage. Choose a generator that can produce at least that amount of power.
Another important consideration is the fuel type. Generators can run on a variety of fuels, including gasoline, propane, and diesel. Each fuel type has its pros and cons, so it’s important to choose the one that’s best for your needs. Consider factors like availability, cost, and ease of use when making your decision.
If you plan to use your generator in multiple locations or need to move it around frequently, portability is an important factor to consider. Look for a generator that’s lightweight and easy to move, with features like wheels and a handle for easy transport.
Generators can be noisy, so if you plan to use yours in a residential area or other noise-sensitive location, you’ll want to choose a generator with a low noise level. Look for generators that are designed to operate quietly, with features like noise-reducing enclosures and mufflers.
Finally, be sure to consider the warranty when choosing a generator. Look for a product with a solid warranty that covers both the generator and the electric start mechanism. This will give you peace of mind and protect your investment in the event of any issues or defects.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the advantage of an electric start on a generator?
An electric start on a generator provides convenience as it eliminates the need for manual starting. It is also helpful for those who have mobility issues or find it difficult to pull-start a generator.
Which portable generators have electric start?
Many portable generators have electric start options, including popular brands like Honda, Yamaha, and Champion. It is important to check the specifications of the generator before purchasing to ensure that it has an electric start option.
How much does it cost to add electric start to a generator?
The cost to add electric start to a generator can vary depending on the type and brand of the generator. It is often more cost-effective to purchase a generator that already has an electric start option rather than adding it later.
What is the smallest electric start generator available?
The smallest electric start generator available is the Yamaha EF2000iSv2. It is a compact and lightweight generator that is perfect for camping, tailgating, and other outdoor activities.
What is the best electric start generator for home use?
The best electric start generator for home use depends on the specific needs and requirements of the homeowner. Some popular options include the Honda EU7000iS and the Generac GP6500E.
Are there any inverter generators with electric start?
Yes, there are many inverter generators with electric start options. Some popular brands include Yamaha, Honda, and Champion. Inverter generators are known for their quiet operation and fuel efficiency, making them a great option for camping and other outdoor activities.