Goal Zero generators are portable power stations that allow you to charge your devices and power your appliances off the grid. They are perfect for camping trips, outdoor events, and emergency situations where access to electricity is limited or unavailable.
Goal Zero offers a range of generators with different power capacities and features to suit different needs. The Yeti series, for example, includes models with capacities ranging from 200Wh to 6000Wh, while the Sherpa series is designed for more lightweight and portable use.
Best Goal Zero Generators
We understand that power outages can be a real pain, especially when you’re in the middle of an important task. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best Goal Zero generators to help you stay powered up and productive. Our team has researched and tested the top models on the market to bring you this roundup of the most reliable and efficient generators out there. Whether you need a backup power source for your home, or a portable generator for your next camping trip, we’ve got you covered. Check out our list below to find the perfect Goal Zero generator for your needs.
If you’re looking for a reliable and portable power station for camping or emergencies, the Goal Zero Yeti 200X is a great option.
- High capacity of 187Wh to power small and medium-sized devices and appliances
- Versatile and portable design with a variety of ports, including 120V AC Inverter, USB-C, 6mm, and 12V car port
- Rechargeable with solar panels, maximizing solar input with Goal Zero’s MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) technology
- Relatively short runtime of 4 hours
- Expensive compared to other portable power stations
- Solar panels not included and must be purchased separately
We recently took the Goal Zero Yeti 200X on a camping trip and were impressed with its performance. The high capacity of 187Wh allowed us to keep our smartphones, cameras, and laptops powered throughout the trip, and the variety of ports made it easy to charge all of our devices.
The compact and portable design of the Yeti 200X made it easy to transport and use, and we were able to recharge it with our solar panels using Goal Zero’s MPPT technology. The heavy duty anodized aluminum enclosure and internal battery unit also provided peace of mind in case of any accidents or rough handling.
While the runtime of 4 hours may not be enough for longer camping trips, the Yeti 200X is a great option for shorter trips or as an emergency backup power source. However, it is important to note that the Yeti 200X is relatively expensive compared to other portable power stations on the market, and solar panels must be purchased separately.
Overall, we highly recommend the Goal Zero Yeti 200X for anyone in need of a reliable and portable power station for camping or emergencies.
If you’re looking for a reliable and portable generator that can power most small and large appliances during an outage, then the Goal Zero Power Station Yeti 1000 Core is worth considering.
- With 983Wh of capacity and a pure-sine 1200W (2400 W surge) inverter, this generator can power most small and large appliances.
- It comes with 10 versatile ports, including a high-powered 60W USB-C port, making it versatile and portable.
- The heavy-duty anodized aluminum enclosure and internal separately sealed battery unit provide durability and safety.
- At 31.7 pounds, it’s not the lightest generator on the market, making it slightly less portable.
- It requires batteries, which can be a hassle to replace.
- It’s a bit pricey compared to other generators on the market.
In our experience, the Goal Zero Power Station Yeti 1000 Core is a great option for those looking for a reliable and portable generator. With its high capacity, versatile ports, and durable construction, this generator is perfect for off-grid adventures or power outages. However, it may not be the best option for those looking for a lightweight and budget-friendly generator. If you’re willing to invest in a high-quality generator, the Goal Zero Power Station Yeti 1000 Core is definitely worth considering.
We highly recommend the Goal Zero Yeti 1000X Portable Power Station for anyone in need of a reliable and versatile power source for their outdoor adventures or emergency backup power needs.
- With a total of 983Wh capacity, the Yeti 1000X can power a variety of devices, including fridges, mini fridges, WiFi routers, microwaves, pellet grills, and more.
- The Yeti 1000X is extremely versatile and portable, making it perfect for anything from a five-day car camping trip to a backyard BBQ. It can even integrate into home circuits for seamless backup power in an outage.
- The Yeti 1000X can be recharged with solar power using Goal Zero’s MPPT technology, which increases solar input by up to 30 percent. It can be paired with a variety of solar panels for portability or permanent installation.
- The Yeti 1000X is relatively heavy at 36.7 pounds, making it less ideal for backpacking or other activities where weight is a concern.
- The Yeti 1000X is quite expensive compared to other portable power stations on the market.
- The Yeti 1000X does not come with a solar panel, which must be purchased separately.
Overall, we found the Goal Zero Yeti 1000X Portable Power Station to be an excellent investment for anyone in need of reliable and versatile power. Its high capacity and range of ports make it perfect for powering a variety of devices, and its portability and solar compatibility make it a great choice for outdoor adventures or emergency backup power.
If you’re looking for a reliable and portable power station for your outdoor adventures or emergency power needs, the Goal Zero Yeti 500X Portable Power Station is definitely worth considering.
- With a high capacity of 497Wh, this power station can keep your essential devices running for longer, including your pellet grill, CPAP, TV, and portable fridges. Plus, it has multiple ports for keeping your mobile devices charged, so you never have to worry about running out of battery.
- The Yeti 500X is versatile and portable, making it perfect for outdoor activities and job sites. It features a variety of ports, including a 12V car port, USB-C, and USB-C PD ports, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
- This power station is easy to use and comes equipped with four different port options, including AC, 12V, and 60W USB-C PD, so you can power a wide range of devices. Plus, it’s compatible with Goal Zero’s lightweight Nomad Solar Panels for easy recharging on-the-go.
- The Goal Zero Yeti 500X Portable Power Station is a bit pricey compared to other options on the market, but it’s worth the investment if you need a reliable and high-capacity power station.
- While it’s portable, the Yeti 500X is still quite heavy at 12.9 pounds, so it may not be the best option if you’re looking for something ultra-lightweight for backpacking or hiking.
- The solar panels for recharging the Yeti 500X are sold separately, so you’ll need to purchase them separately if you want to use this power station as a solar generator.
Overall, we highly recommend the Goal Zero Yeti 500X Portable Power Station for anyone in need of a reliable and versatile power source for their outdoor adventures or emergency power needs. With its high capacity, multiple ports, and compatibility with solar panels, it’s a great investment for anyone who wants to stay connected and powered up while on-the-go.
We highly recommend the Goal Zero Yeti 1000X Solar Kit with Boulder 100 Briefcase for those looking for a reliable and portable solar-panel solution.
- Harness the sun’s power anytime and anywhere with this briefcase solar panel.
- Designed for maximum portability with included accessories like a canvas bag and kickstands.
- Connect to portable Yeti solar generators to store collected energy for future use.
- Some users have reported quality control issues with the product.
- Not built for emergency use over the long term.
- Some users have reported reliability issues after a few years of use.
The Goal Zero Yeti 1000X Solar Kit with Boulder 100 Briefcase is a great option for those who enjoy RV trips or camping. The included canvas carrying bag makes transporting your Boulder Briefcase a total breeze.
The solar-panel charger is easy to transport and comes with everything you need to collect solar input. To take full advantage of your Boulder 100 Briefcase’s power capacity, connect it to one of our portable Yeti solar generators to store collected energy for future use.
Overall, the Goal Zero Yeti 1000X Solar Kit with Boulder 100 Briefcase is a reliable and portable solar-panel solution that is perfect for those who love the great outdoors.
If you’re looking for a reliable and portable generator to power your devices during an outage or off the grid, the Goal Zero Power Station Yeti 1500X is worth considering.
- Versatile and portable, with 10 different ports to keep your devices charged
- Maximum capacity of 1,516Wh, with a high-powered 60W USB-C port and pure-sine 2000W (3500W surge) inverter
- Durable and safe, with professional grade construction and an advanced multi-sensor battery management system
- Expensive compared to some other generators on the market
- Heavy at 41 pounds, making it less ideal for backpacking or other activities that require lightweight gear
- Solar panels and other accessories are not included, adding to the overall cost
We recently had the opportunity to test out the Goal Zero Power Station Yeti 1500X during a camping trip, and were impressed with its performance. The generator was able to keep our mini fridge, music speaker, and lanterns running for several days, with plenty of power to spare. The variety of ports made it easy to charge multiple devices at once, and the USB-C port provided fast charging for our phones and tablets.
One of the standout features of the Goal Zero Power Station Yeti 1500X is its maximum capacity of 1,516Wh, which is more than enough to power most small and large appliances during an outage. The high-powered 60W USB-C port and pure-sine 2000W (3500W surge) inverter also make it possible to run TVs, full-size refrigerators, and microwaves. The generator’s professional grade construction and advanced multi-sensor battery management system also gave us peace of mind that it was safe and reliable.
However, the Goal Zero Power Station Yeti 1500X is not without its drawbacks. The generator is on the expensive side, and the cost can add up even more if you need to purchase solar panels or other accessories separately. Additionally, at 41 pounds, it’s not the most lightweight or portable option on the market, which may be a consideration for some users.
Overall, we would recommend the Goal Zero Power Station Yeti 1500X to anyone in need of a reliable and versatile generator for off-grid or emergency situations. While it may not be the most affordable or lightweight option, its impressive capacity and variety of ports make it a worthwhile investment for those who need to power multiple devices at once.
We highly recommend the Goal Zero Yeti 200X Portable Power Station for anyone in need of a reliable and versatile power source for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Lightweight and compact design makes it easy to carry around.
- Versatile charging options for different devices and appliances.
- High-speed charging capability for USB-C devices.
- Limited power capacity may not be sufficient for heavy-duty appliances.
- Relatively short runtime compared to other portable power stations.
- Solar panel charging may take longer than expected.
The Yeti 200X Portable Power Station is perfect for those who need a compact and lightweight power source for camping trips or emergency situations. With its 187 Wh capacity, it can power up most small to medium-sized devices and appliances. The four different port options, including 12V and USB PD, provide versatile charging options for smartphones, laptops, tablets, and other devices.
One of the standout features of this power station is its high-speed charging capability. The USB-C PD port can charge compatible devices like laptops, tablets, and cameras in no time at all. Plus, you can charge the Yeti 200X using the included 60-watt power supply, your vehicle’s 12-volt outlet, or the foldable Nomad solar panels for faster charging.
While the Yeti 200X is a great portable power station, it may not be suitable for heavy-duty appliances that require more power. Its limited capacity and short runtime may not be sufficient for prolonged use. Additionally, charging the power station with solar panels may take longer than expected, especially in low-light conditions.
Overall, the Goal Zero Yeti 200X Portable Power Station is a reliable and versatile power source for both indoor and outdoor use. Its lightweight and compact design, versatile charging options, and high-speed charging capability make it a great investment for anyone in need of a portable power station.
When it comes to choosing the best Goal Zero generator, there are a few key features to consider. Here are some factors to keep in mind when making your purchase:
The power output of a generator is one of the most important factors to consider. You’ll want to choose a generator that can provide enough power to meet your needs. Consider the wattage of your appliances and devices, and choose a generator that can handle that amount of power.
If you plan to take your generator on the go, portability is key. Look for a generator that is lightweight and easy to carry. Some generators come with built-in handles or wheels to make them even more portable.
The run time of a generator refers to how long it can provide power on a single charge. Consider how long you’ll need your generator to run, and choose a model with a run time that meets your needs.
Goal Zero generators can be charged in a variety of ways, including solar power, AC power, and car power. Consider which charging options are most important to you and choose a generator that offers those options.
Some Goal Zero generators come with additional features, such as built-in lights, USB ports, and more. Consider which features are most important to you and choose a generator that offers those features.
Overall, choosing the best Goal Zero generator for your needs requires careful consideration of your power needs, portability requirements, and additional features. By keeping these factors in mind, you can choose a generator that will provide reliable power wherever you go.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a Goal Zero generator last?
Goal Zero generators are built to last and have a long lifespan. The lifespan of a Goal Zero generator depends on various factors such as usage, maintenance, and storage. With proper maintenance and care, a Goal Zero generator can last for many years.
What are some reviews of Goal Zero generators?
Goal Zero generators have received positive reviews from many users. Customers have praised the generators for their reliability, durability, and ease of use. Many users have also appreciated the portability and convenience of the generators.
Is a Goal Zero generator better than a Bluetti?
Both Goal Zero and Bluetti generators are high-quality and reliable. The choice between the two depends on individual needs and preferences. Goal Zero generators are known for their portability and ease of use, while Bluetti generators are known for their high capacity and efficiency.
Can a Goal Zero power an RV?
Yes, a Goal Zero generator can power an RV. However, the size and capacity of the generator need to be considered based on the power needs of the RV. It is recommended to consult with a professional to determine the appropriate generator size for your RV.
Can you charge a Goal Zero Yeti with a solar panel?
Yes, a Goal Zero Yeti can be charged with a solar panel. Goal Zero offers a range of solar panels that are compatible with their generators. It is important to ensure that the solar panel is compatible with the specific model of the generator.
What is the difference between a Goal Zero Yeti 1500X and a 1000X?
The main difference between the Goal Zero Yeti 1500X and the 1000X is the capacity. The Yeti 1500X has a higher capacity of 1516Wh, compared to the 1000X which has a capacity of 1045Wh. The Yeti 1500X also has more ports and a higher output, making it suitable for powering larger appliances and devices.